Tuesday, May 20, 2008

BOOM! There's nothing like it.

Anyone reading this blog knows that I am a New Yorker, living within minutes from Aqueduct and Belmont. They should also know that I have a hard time digesting the small prices regularly dished out by NYRA races. Not NYRA's fault, just a lot of good handicappers play there.

Although I regularly look out of town–Keeneland, Churchill, Fair Grounds, for example– Monday and Tuesday are dark days at my tracks. And, I rarely play tracks in Philadelphia and Delaware. That is about to change. As a lark to test my long shot system, I played both tracks. The method enjoyed tremendous success.

Monday Good
On Monday, the method gave me three averaged priced winners at 8-1 and 9-1. And then there was Blue Finally in the the 6th at Delaware. He paid $57.40, $20.8 and $11.80 to secure a satisfying day.

Tuesday Better
Tuesday, at Philly, Frilly Lass won the last at 18-1.

At Delaware, I back- and forward-wheeled a double in the 9th race; Then, used the same horse as a single for a pick three in races 8, 9, and 10. Additionally, I found a method horse in the 10th race and back wheeled it with all in the 9th. I played an additional $2 double with my move horses.

In each case, I also bet across the board on the move horses.

You guessed it. Red Pine paid $19 to win the ninth; Darned Bird paid $18.40 to win the tenth, going away. BOOM! I pulled down the whole banana.

You are welcome to check the Daily Racing Form for the exotic prices,, and to see if you can ferret out the similarities in these monster horses. Or, you can wait just a little while longer, and I'll explain everything in my book. Winners like these kinda take the sting out of being a $2 bettor.

In the meantime, I've added two tracks to my regular menu.