Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Watching is better

I live five minutes, either way, from NYRA's Belmont and Aqueduct tracks. Yet, the only time I attend these facilities is when I'm seriously betting one of their simulcast tracks. You see, win or lose, I like to watch my money waltz around the track. It makes a much better experience.

The prices in New York tend to be low. And, my cable system broadcasts the NY signal into my home. Typically, I use my telephone accounts and watch in my pjs. However, out-of-town broadcasts are only available on the network after the NYRA card is done. Since so many tracks run at the same time, this creates a problem.
At the track I can see them all, live.

Hats off to Keeneland and Monmouth (when they're not hosting Breeders Cup) for broadcasting their signals over the internet. I regularly bet these tracks from home as a result.

Hooray! Someone was thinking about the fan. Guarantee their mutuel handle improves because of it.