Sunday, October 21, 2007

Personality Handicapping


Few books ever consider that one of the key factors in handicapping winners is personal . Who are YOU? That's right! Are you a risk taker, a conservative, an action nut? Do you have to bet every race or can you sit? Would you rather lose by a nose, or by a mile? The list can continue, forever.
You have to know who you are at the track before you have any chance of success.

From my look in the mirror
Personally, when I realized that I am a natural rebel:
• I began to pass a lot of races
•I --automatically-- include favorites and second favorites in my long-shot combinations.
• When I don't really have a clear-cut opinion, and still want to play the race, I bet the second favorite. It's easy and inexpensive.
• After I have a big winning day, I must, repeat, must take the next racing day off, completely. If I don't, I regret it.

Handicap your personality and see what happens
Hats off to Andy Beyer who has made it part of the winning recipe since day one.