Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lifesaver, 'Yet Again.' $79


I will state, flatly, that no other handicapping method has proven as reliable for me as the monster move method. Not even the Beyer numbers. Understand, I did not create it. While I accept the logic and premise, I am still learning the fine points of the system. But, the results are remarkable.

I spend infinite hours re-reading the source material in the hope that someday I might be able to confidently bet more than $10 on it's typical $30+ winner. Ultimately, I may have to settle for $2 and $5 wagers on these nags.

It happens, but I rarely completely overlook a 'move horse.'

So, you can understand why I was looking for a bridge to jump off after the open length win of 20-1 shot Tainted Love in the fifth at Aqueduct. It was right there on the DRF page; clear as day. I was livid. But, somehow, soothed my pain with the knowledge that trainer Gullo has had a rough time winning. Nevertheless, I had the car warmed up.

NYRA tracks tend to be difficult for move horses. The racing gods smiled on me; delivering two moves in the featured eighth race at the Big A. Still smarting from my wounds, I played Sentimental Union in doubles. Then I bet impossible long shot Yet Again (38-1)across the board and boxed the exacta with the two.

Payoffs of $79 to win and a $443 exacta, go a long way to making me feel better. No jumping today. Add Karl Grusmark to my move trainers list. Well ridden, Bocachica! You are lifesavers.