Saturday, December 6, 2008

All a 'Tizzy' all over again

One of the most memorable examples in my book is Slew's Tizzy. He was responsible for my biggest score in 2007 in the Coolmore Lexington Grade 2 at Keeneland. This 'monster mover' paid $83 to win, finishing ahead of another move horse to return a $1,000 exacta.

Well, guess who showed up , today, with another move at Hollywood Park in the Grade 3 Native Diver Handicap? Yep, I didn't get too excited; being hesitant to bet West Coast tracks where the emphasis is always on speed. But, I couldn't ignore the colt, either. This time he was only going off at 7-1. So, I semi-loaded up.

Results? It was deja-vu, all over, again. He won like the only horse in the race for trainer Doug O'Neill and jockey Rosario, The payoffs weren't as large, but I bunched win, place, show, exacta and a $102 daily double.

Maybe, it's time to take the system West. It works everywhere else.