Monday, December 1, 2008

Formulator, a superb product…but

Until now, I haven't mentioned a thing about the relatively new Daily Racing Form product Formulator Web. Let me say up front that as a major fan of 'the form' my reaction is merely: Bravo! Superb! Hoo-Hah! Way to go!

My enthusiasm is particularly profound, because I am a die-hard Macintosh user. Until this version there was no Formulator for my population. So, for years I have been downloading a pdf version of the past performances. Unless, I am going to the track, I do my handicapping right on the computer screen. No printout, necessary.

Therein lies my one, small complaint. With Adobe Acrobat, I can mark-up my computerized version of the pdf–a valuable tool when you handicap two tracks and, at least 18 races a day. No such luck with Formulator.

Hopefully, the powers that be will consider including a similar tool with the next update. It doesn't even have to save the marks.

Other than that, I give Formulator four stars out of five.