Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Big Bang ending to a good year

Thanks to the monster move I am finishing the year with a much-needed bang. Hesitant as I am to wager on Aqueduct's quirky inner-dirt-track, I could not ignore 'move' opportunities on today's card: Coach Butts in the sixth, rallied for second at 9-1 and Personal Good (brilliant ride Mr. Morales!), sixth race, rewarded me with $71, $24, $12 and a $169 daily double.

Interestingly, the eighth race odds-on favorite showed a move and won for fun.

I'm glad I ended my holiday sabbatical.

An unrelated aside: The closest thing to an automatic bet at Fairgrounds has been trainer Steven Asmussen. At some point he boasted a 54% winning percentage. Apparently he's moved several horses to the Big A. He's already two for three at decent prices. A word to the wise…

Happy New Year. Clarity, wisdom, restraint and good handicapping in 2009!