Monday, November 12, 2007

Out the window/A new direction


My apologies. Now that I have laid out all the steps to handicapping (my attempt to to up my game from $2 to $20), i realize that it's a wasted effort. I am furious. I have to throw the whole thing out.
The process I painstaking described above is viable, all things being equal. But, as evidenced by Aqueduct 2007, early speed is more important than any other factor.
I'm no track bias expert, but damn. Notorious quitters are opening up in the stretch after 'wicked' half times. First out, first in.
I haven't had video access to Churchill , the other track I play. But the doings at the Big A have made me extremely cautious. The system goes on hold.
One of my main goals with developing the system was to make it as automatic as possible. Now, it no longer fits the bill.

X-factors are why this game is so tough. As they say about poker, 'That's handicapping.'

During this learning struggle, I have decided to take this post in a whole new direction. Rather than report on my struggle to find the perfect handicapping system for me, I will post comments from charts across the country.