Sunday, November 4, 2007

As Automatic As Possible

One of the reasons I started this site was to document and determine if, with patience and enough examination of the stats, I could move my game up from a $2 to a $20 bettor.
My next post was supposed to be a step-by-step approach to accomplishing that goal. For me to do that means, I have to become as automatic as possible.

When I play blackjack in Vegas, twice a year, I follow the basic rules to the letter. There is a prescribed action for every blackjack hand. No thinking, Just do it. Typically, I win money 7 out of 10 times I play. I need the same kind of structure in thoroughbred handicapping.

If successful, this will become my day-to-day basic system.
Like most systems, it will be a two-step approach:
• Eliminate the losers, and out for exercise horses.
• Separate the surviving contenders.

The next few posts will be dedicated to devising such a system, if possible. Stay tuned.