Sunday, October 26, 2008

King of the Breeders Cup ($2 variety)

To quote Andy Beyer, "I am king of the world." In other words, I had a tremendous Breeders Cup Day. Moreover, I adhered to my own restrictive wagering guidelines in the process. But, this time, I actually found betting opportunities by handicapping.

Not only did I take down the Classic exacta, I scored a $10 win bet on Raven's Pass. The selections were made from their European Beyer figures (adjusted by -12). Both horses ran (turf) figures comparable to Curlin's 111.

In the second race at Santa Anita, a simple $2 win and place bet on Desert Code returned $106. At Belmont, one of two Monster Move horses ran second at 63-1 yielding $43 to place, $13.60 to show and a $334 exacta with the favorite. Not bad for a starting bank of $40. Add it up.

I wonder how the experts did? Get ready for the polytrack surface assault and excuses!

One complaint. NYRA's internet wagering operation apparently wasn't up to the challenge of handling the extremely large volume of the world series of thoroughbred racing. It was a frustrating technological mess. C'mon NYRA get your act together!

Thank God, the live operators are still around. Go, girls–and guys.