Friday, October 24, 2008

Re-energized


Thoroughbred handicapping is a never ending story. Fact is, the more you know the less you know.

Some things which should be obvious are not. For instance, every time you make a wager, you are asserting--on paper (of the green variety)-- that you know something that will return a profit. Just how many times a day are you really so smart?

The challenge? Limit wagers to races where you have a genuine, provable opinion. In a game with so many variables, it's tough. But I am convinced this is key to success.

For the last few months, I have suspended betting to reacquaint myself with basic handicapping. An evaluation of my wagers showed that I was overlooking 'easy money' in pursuit of longer shots. I guess it's understandable because I am so excited about the longshot system I am promoting. However, human beings can walk and talk at the same time, so I had to prove it. Stay tuned. I'm on my way back.