Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's That Time, Again

The excuse for it, of course, is "I'm only human." This is one of those periods of time, when I zig where I should zag, and vice versa. It's called a losing streak. It happens to every horse player. On paper, I should be making a mint. In actuality my sync is off.
I know from experience that it will change. I just have to be patient (grrrr). This means no bets until things re-align and I'm sure about my decision making.

Naturally, during my abstinence I can expect to watch (as I am writing this) a lead-pipe selection to win by open lengths for an $80 exacta with the only other horse I like in the race (grrrr). Tough-noogies. In the long run, I'll be happy I took this break.

It will save me money and hopefully teach me something. And, Saratoga is a week away. Better times, ahead.

SECOND TRY FOR HERTLER AT 17-1 FALLS JUST SHORT
(see previous post) Rock Key in today's ninth nearly got there. Keep plugging, John.