Sunday, November 14, 2010

I'm King (Congie) of the world, $88

Family demands have left little time to post to this blog. But had to publicly pat myself on the back for collecting nearly $4,000, today because of Monster-Mover King Congie in Aqueduct's fourth race.

Despite enormous 43-1 odds, I was so confident in this two-year-old colt that I made Congie the nucleus of my bets from races two through five. That means, the horse completed my second race pick-three, was wheeled with all in the fourth double and was keyed with logical contenders in the exacta and third-race pick-three.

Bunches all around. Collected on everything. Truthfully, there was a second mover in the fourth race that required a small saver wager. I was convinced, however, that expert conditioner Albertrani and pilot David Cohen were due to pay their up-to-no-good taxes. Happy to go along for the ride.

The move is a monster when it hits!