Saturday, July 24, 2010

Earning while learning

Yes. I'm still struggling with the finer points of the Monster Move system. But, once in a while a I get a chance to earn while I learn. Such was the case today in the Desert Vixen Stakes second race at Monmouth Park. Island Time lead every step of the way to pay a generous $33.20.

My interest in the filly, naturally began with the prescription last running line. Closer examination showed she was near the lead on turf at six furlongs in 1:11.3. Monster trainer Jason Servis found out what he needed to know. The rest was up to jockey Carlos Marquez. He slowed the pace sufficiently so that Island had plenty left to outrun the odds-on favorite. Brilliant ride.

Island Time completed a juicy $64 double with odds-on in race one. I am alive in the next wide-open dd with four contenders.